Layfomm is microporous and elastic. The size of the pores is in the micrometer area.
With Lay-Fomm, you can print rubbery-like and soft objects. The material consists of two components: an elastomer, which is responsible for the rubbery-like feel and material properties, as well as a water-soluble component. After the print, the object is placed in water, where after one to four days only the elastomer, and thus the soft and porous object, remains.
Lay-Fomm 40 ~ A 40
Lay-Fomm 60 ~ A 60
Rinse in water
- print thin walls and keep filling volume low in order to reduce rinsing time.
- carefully rinse with warm water
- after 24 hours the effect is already visible, the solidity is changing
- after 72 hours the PVA should be washed out
- stir and renew water from time to time
- ultrasonic cleaners shorten the time considerably
The components of the Poro-Lay series are harmless and food-safe. The water soluble component is biocompatible. Nevertheless we explicitly advise against human consumption.
One packaging unit contains 250g filament.
Lay-Filaments (TM) meet our high standards and are made in Germany. The excellent filament quality is characterized by user-friendliness, material durability and an outstanding print quality.