Thibra3D SKULPT is a unique sculptable 3D printer filament materialized by Thibra3D, which allows one to post process SKULPT 3D printed objects similar to sculpting clay. By projecting a temperature of ± 70° C on the SKULPT 3D printed object it will be possible to tweak and finetune the 3D printed object by sculpting it or remodelling it slightly.
- Sculptable by applying heat
- Use a heat gun to project a temperature of ± 70°C to the part of the SKULPT 3D printed object which requires finetuning by sculpting and/or remodeling
- Easily smooth out visible 3D printed layers and imperfections caused by blobs, zits and removed support structures
- Very easy to paint with acrylic paints
- SKULPT 3D printed object only has to be degreased with soap and lukewarm water before painting
- SKULPT 3D printed objects can be polished
- Repeatedly sculptable and reusable
- SKULPT 3D printed objects can continuously sculpted by remodeling, carving, cutting, adding extra material SKULPT material, etc…
- Leftover support structures can be reused for sculpting
- Does not dry out or crack
- 3D print support structures with the same SKULPT 3D printer filament as used for the primary objects as the object can perfectly be smoothed out and leftover support material can be reused for sculpting
General printing guidlines*
Nozzle size ≥0.4mm
Layer height ≥0.2mm
Print temperature 190-220°C*
Print speed Medium
Heat bed +-45-60°C*
Flow rate 110-121%*
Retraction Yes ±1.5-3mm
Fan speed 100%
Experience level Beginner
*) Above displayed settings are meant as guidance to find your optimal print settings. These ranges in settings should work for most printers, but please do feel free to experiment outside these ranges if you think it is suitable for your printer. There are a lot of different type of printers, hot-ends and printer offsets that it is extremely difficult to give an overall one-size-fits-all setting. *) For printers that use a 2.85mm SKULPT 3D printer filament the recommended printing (nozzle) temperature range is ± 200 - 220° C (benchmarked on Ultimaker 2. For printers that use a 1.75mm SKULPT 3D printer filament the recommended printing (nozzle) temperature range is ± 190 - 210° C (benchmarked on Prusa I3 MK2).
*) The heated bed should be set at 60° C for 3D printing the first layer of your SKULPT 3D printed object and then lowered 45° C for 3D printing the remainder of your SKULPT 3D printed object .
*) When 3D printing with SKULPT 3D printer filament on a 3D printer that uses 2.85mm SKULPT filament it is recommended to increase the flow rate to ± 121% (benchmarked on Ultimaker 2). When 3D printing with SKULPT 3D printer filament on a 3D printer that uses 1.75mm SKULPT filament it is recommended to increase the flow rate to ± 110% (benchmarked on Prusa I3 MK2).
Thibra3D SKULPT meets our high standards and is made in Netherlands. The excellent filament quality is characterized by user-friendliness, innovation and an outstanding print quality.